Not too much to say here, I'm kind of tired after a long weekend, but I did one by these guys so I figured I may as well do another. I did get my turntable this weekend so expect some vinyl here in the near future, which includes at least the El Patron 7". I haven't even had a chance to play with it, so I don't know how it sounds but don't expect something too stellar because around here we're on a tight budget.
So how about another one from Brujeria? I dig this one mainly for the live stuff but you can get some live video from Youtube any time you want. It's crazy how good these guys are musically and I hope you feel the same way. I'm not too sure where these guys are coming from but if you can get past the silly Satanic thing there is a message. I don't know if that message is intentional or not but it talks a lot about the whole drug culture. There is a ton of satire in the message that I get and maybe that's how the whole satanic thing fits in. Am I reading too much into this? In my opinion you have to be a Christian of some kind, a believer, in order to be Satanic. Witchcraft and paganism have nothing to do with Satan. 2000 years ago Satan was really a minor character in the whole Christianity/Judiasm drama that was getting played out. You get a little bit in the book of Revelation but nobody agrees with what that whole book is about, there is so much metaphorical crap it could be talking about anything, anytime or anyplace. It wasn't until the dark and middle ages that the church decided to make Satan a big deal and use the idea of him as a form of domination, intimidation and destruction of people. What is real is the drug culture that Brujeria is talking about. Anywhere there are poor people there is going to be a culture of drug production. Every government is corrupt and only serves the needs of the very wealthy. What choice do people have if the want to get "somewhere" except to get involved with crime (which the government has it's hand in anyway). The cycle is a sad statement on the human race because very few people are satisfied with being comfortable, they always want more. Man I could go on and on about this because what it all comes back to is selfishness, the root of all human suffering. Maybe the Satanists are right, let humanity suffer.
This sample is my favorite but maybe you have to remember Governor Pete Wilson to appreciate it.
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...here's the whole thing on fucking YT...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIo1mczNajs&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment