
Slam asked for a story about our old Vietnam vet boss, Dennis. As I mentioned in another post he was one of Kennedy's "advisors" over there in the early 60's. He was part of some elite Air Force special forces, but I can't remember the name of the squad or unit or whatever. Basically he received hardcore training in how to kill. When they sent him over there, there were several thousand "advisors" there. The US had not gotten into the war or police action, as it was called, officially yet. With this in mind Dennis and the rest of the guys he was with could not wear US military gear or weapons. They wore street clothes and had a choice of weapons that included foreign stuff and guns you might find at a pawn shop here in the US. His job was basically to seek out and kill Viet Cong officers. They never just shot anybody and if they did they would leave an impact. They would cut off limbs, decapitate and cut out the hearts of their targets, to strike fear into anyone that found the bodies. He told me that it was not unusual to cut a guys heart out and leave it still attached and beating. Needless to say this did affect Dennis mentally I think and when he came back he had a hard time adjusting. He was a great boss and taught us all a lot of useful things that I still use today (sharpening blades). Slam and I went out and got drunk with him a couple of times but I don't remember too much of the specifics there. One thing I do remember him saying was that after one of those days that was particularly hard he would say the old lady was going to have to sleep on her side of the bed. Anyway... on to the music.

I got into theses guys, probably 15 or so years ago and was really amazed by their sound. I have to admit, as you can probably tell, that I sometimes don't know a lot about the bands I post. I usually just post a band if I liked them at some point in time and enjoyed their music and/or sound. This made a good read for me,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brujeria_%28band%29 . I was going to post the first LP, Matando Guerros, but you can find it at one of my favorite blogs here,
http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/2007/10/brujeria.html . He's got a ton of good stuff on the harsher side. You can pretty much find everything they've ever done if you go to the Google Blogsearch link I have (or any band for that matter). I will post another one of their CD's and at least one 7" later on. You can even get Brujeria ringtones for your cell, which was good for a healthy laugh on my part. I don't ever watch Headbanger's Ball anymore because it's all, what I call pop-grindcore, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a video or two. Any one know? They are on
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ and this is probably available so go get their records there. If anyone wants me to I will get rid of the link to the whole album. I don't think these guys really need any more money though. I found this at a quick glance too,
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwjjnI4l9g . If you enjoy very brutal grindcore with a satirically satanic slant, all in spanish, then you will dig this music played by some guys that are pretty much "rock stars". How about a couple of samples first,
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment