
A beautiful 70 degree day yesterday (very rare for this time of year), so my wife and I decided to take our dogs for a run. The first picture is from my back yard and second is of the creek (crick) down where those trees are in the first picture. If you have dogs then you know how cool this is for both humans and dogs.
I got this tape when I was in going to school at HSU and working in the dorms. My first job was as a housekeeper (ha ha) and then I got on the grounds keeping crew which is the most prestigious job on campus, next to professor. Not really, but a killer job anyway. I was working by the dorms and in between mowing lawns I heard this music coming out of one of the third story rooms. This was like nothing I had heard before. I hollared up to the room and ended up taking to the guy for a while. I can't remember his name, but he was really cool in a kind of a trippy way and was definately not your average dorky kid just out of high school. He ended up dubbing the tape for me and I played the hell out of it over the years. I have another album of his but I don't think it is as good as this. I don't know too much about this guy except that he is a dub poet and definately has some pretty powerful stuff to say. I found this on youtube,
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JlY6gLe3Lkw&feature=related , and saw that he has his own record label here,
http://www.lkjrecords.com/ . I could not find this on his site or anywhere else so I assume it is out of print. If you can find this go buy it, but in the mean time here's a few tunes for you.
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment