Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dead Horse - Peaceful Death And Pretty Flowers

PDI think it was my buddy Ron Kuka (RIP...fuck cancer) that turned me onto these guys back in the late 80s and fuck, when I first heard them, they were instantly my favorite metal band for a while.  They could rock you or get really brutal.  So much more than the genres that were floating around back then (heavy, thrash, speed, or black).  I have been trying to get the first full length by these guys for a long time after my bro Boner hit record instead of play on the tape I loaned him.  To this day I ask myself why I didn't break out the tabs on my cassettes.  Before you answer that for me, I will say it, stupidity (but that is youth).  This was their second full length (I think) and I got it off of Ebay for cheap. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something... EDIT (again): Fuck, revisiting this post again after over 10 years...and you know this man! Was talking to Brian the other day and we joked about the tape incident. These days I'm lucky to even possess a lot of the tapes as many have been lent out or lost (still kicking myself for the loss of the epic Blues Tape Jeremy Valverde made me). Anyway revisiting the mighty Dead Horse, of course the links are gone, but fucking youtube has most of their music for your listening pleasure. Here's kind of a cool interview and then of course the tunes... playlist

Live

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sS2WenXhwU&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment