
I know this has probably been posted everywhere, but it is just too much of a classic not to post here. I can remember listening to this all the time in the mid 80's. Mostly the 1945 side but listening to it now, both sides are equally good. Back then I just thought they were as punk as you could get in that LA, SoCal style. At this time Hell Comes To Your House was the best comp out there (or so I thought). This was before I ever saw the Another State Of Mind movie/documentary. That movie was pretty interesting in it's own way but thinking about it now it reminds me just a little bit of all these stupid reality shows that are popular these days on TV. I'm sorry but I just can't get into that crap. Was it a Crass lyric that said, "we don't want your TV, we don't want your lies, we don't want to sit and stare at other peoples lives"? Is it cool to quote Crass? I'm not cool anyway, just wanted to know. Just too dramatic in a soap opera way for me. Anyway my buddy Kevin A. and I used to listen to this all the time and this may in fact be his 7". If it's yours dude let me know and I'll send it back (sorry?). Those were good times. Listening to this now, these guys were really good and this really deserves to be a classic. It's easy for people to say that something is a classic just because it is old. The Pacer is a classic now too. For those who don't know what a Pacer is, it was a car in the 70's that looked like an aquarium on wheels. I put this in the hardcore category but is it hardcore? I'm not so good with categories as you can tell so I will let others debate over that. If you don't have this in your collection you should. I know they are pretty played out and people these days can say they are punk just because they listen to this band, but oh well. They are all over Youtube, but this was kind of cool,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqatGoyN69k .
Not my scan up there, the copy I have is just in a plain paper sleeve. On to the music,
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment