Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nihilistics

NothingI got a request from my bro Sang, so here it is.  This has been posted on better blogs than mine, probably with better sound quality, but I'm not going to turn down a request from someone who has been like a brother for over 20 years.  I met several people my first day at Humboldt State University and a few of those are friends to this day.  If I'm not mistaken several of us went to a supposed kegger at Clam beach that night.  It was Sang, Gage, Tony and Alex (from my highschool),  Ricky M., all in the back of Will H.'s truck.  Anyone else there?  There was no party though, it was just a hoax.  Day two, getting lost in the woods on acid with these same guys makes a better story. Anyway as I said, this has been posted elsewhere, the now defunct and thus legendary Good Bad Music.  GBM had studio quality rips, our loss.  The band has a website conveniently called, Nihilistics .  If you read the posts and the comments you will see that there are a lot of opinions on this band.  I don't know too much about all that but I would have to say that if you take this first 7" as a moment in time, it was a good one.  I got this from Ron Naturecore in the mid 80's for like $2.  He sold me a bunch of stuff that was rare even back then like the DYS Brotherhood 12".  I went ahead and posted my rip of this 7" because I was digitzing it anyway.  Maybe I'll sell it on Ebay when I need the cash. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something... Oh looky, it's on YT... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Q53OPSIkg]

No comments:

Post a Comment