100th Post
It has been a long road to get here to the arbitrary 100th post. Unless you are a rich person, a substantial music collection takes a long time to accumulate. I guess these days, because of music blogs and P2P sites it doesn't take any money and relatively very little time. As soon as I found out I could digitize my collection I wanted to do just that, if for any reason just to preserve the originals. When I found out people were doing these music blogs, sharing music and ideas, I decided I wanted to do that as well. It took SEVERAL hours to get where I am today at this site, but I figure there are many more hours in my future. Considering my limited computer and technical skills I don't think I have done too bad of a job, even though there's plenty of room for improvement. Not too bad for a guy who spent most of his adult life, drunk, high and digging ditches for a living (and of course fucking people over along the way). I hope that those of you that have visited and commented continue to do so in the future. There are numerous people I would like to thank but rather than try to list those and run the risk of leaving someone out, I will just say thank you all. You guys know who you are. I would not like to thank those who just come to download and never leave a comment, but I would like to encourage them to comment wherever they go. I don't care what language you write in, what you have to say, positive or negative, all comments are appreciated. It's really all about the music and what it means to us.
I wanted to do something I think is pretty rare, has some history and just damn good music for this one. This 7" was originally supposed to be called "To a Nation of Conflict Lovers" but I guess there were some problems with that. I remember Ade, I've mentioned him a few times before, the drummer for the Satanic Malfunctions, was not really too happy about this. He sent me this for free but I don't know how well this was distributed. There were 500 copies made, you can get a decent copy at Discogs. It's Loony Tunes Records' first release and as far as the Satanic Malfunctions and Active Minds it is some of their best stuff. If you know these two bands, you should know what they are about and this is early raw stuff from both. The Indian Dream and Radio Freedom tunes are pretty good but are much mellower and longer than the SM and AM ones. If you know anything else, how to get a hold of of anything about the Looney Tunes label let me know. I hope you enjoy this and thank you very much to those of you who visit this site regularly.
Active Minds - Can't Hide Forever Active Minds - Empire Of Destruction Active Minds - Evo Stik Active Minds - Dead Bodies Radio Freedom - Unity Radio Freedom - Life Indian Dream - Tightrope Satanic Malfunctions - If Meat Is Murder, Then What Is Leather Satanic Malfunctions - To Whom It May Concern Satanic Malfunctions - Sexual Freedom, I Think Not Satanic Malfunctions - Satanic Creamy Date Pudding Satanic Malfunctions - Matthews Murder Meal
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_IANvmdj4]
No comments:
Post a Comment