
I have been gone to Kansas City for a few days and was trying to figure out my next post. This was something I already had ripped, zipped and ready to go. I got some great comments from my last post and I wanted to thank you guys for that.
This is the first record put out by the awesome label,
Deep Six Records , but I barely remember getting it. I know that my friends from junior high that I've mentioned in several other posts, Bob and Ron were good friends with these guys, so I must have gotten it from one of them. Those two were my insiders into the extreme music of the late 80's early 90's. The back side of this thing is one of the most classic photo examples of 80's heshers in their prime. Every community had them and I was proud to call myself a hesher at one point in time.

That's Ron (short, with the cane) and Bob (tall) on the the right end of this picture, with the band. I went ahead and contacted Deep Six and tripped out when I got a reply and found out that my old buddy Bob still runs the label. Man they have some really good power violence/grindcore stuff to be had there. As I said this was the first thing put out by Deep Six Records. These guys are basically grindcore in sound and to be honest they aren't really all that tight and are kind of amateurish (they call that "raw" nowadays) but I like the rough sound anyway. Grindcore was just starting to become popular and I think they were riding that train. They are definitely having fun here. Pretty silly stuff lyric wise but I do like the song Malathion. Growing up in Burbank they used to spray that stuff in the air all the time to kill the "Med Fly". It would leave a funky smell in the air and a film that was hard to get off of your vehicle. Maybe that's what's wrong with me and the guys I used to hang out with back then. People might be living longer these days but with all the chemicals in the air, we sure get sick all the time. It makes the medical and pharmaceutical industry happy and rich (that's your stock tip for the day). Anyway give these guys a listen because I doubt there are many copies of this out there. Let me know one way or another what you think...
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...or you can get one for dirt cheap at Discogs...
No comments:
Post a Comment