Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One Man Running - Stress

OMR stressWell I haven't done a Humboldt post in a while, so here goes.  (I should note here, because there are so many places with Humboldt in the name, there's even a Humboldt Kansas, that we are taking about Humboldt, California, USA.  It is a large sparsely populated county on the northcoast.)  I have done several posts on these guys with some info and thoughts, so do yourself a favor and check those out.  This is not my favorite recording by these guys but it is definitely the cleanest.  I personally think Chuck's voice is too clean and even though they were a poppy punk kind of band, this just steps over the edge a little too much (just my feeble opinion).  I saw these guys play so many times and maybe it's just my preference for live music, but these guys had an edginess that isn't really developed here.  After saying all that, I still love this 7" and these guys never got the recognition they deserved.  The reality is where they were from made it difficult but not impossible and I don't think they were really capable of taking it any further.  Speed and weed can really suck the life out of most people unless they are taken in moderation.  Having used up my pounds of these substances, I know that these are for recreation only and only a few out there can be productive when they make these things a major part of their lives.  Once again, just my opinion.  I can't find much of anything about these guys out on the web so it's up to people like me who were there to pass this on.  Give it a listen.

Here By The Shore

Algebra

Windfall

Johnny Come Lately

Trustfund Junky

Termaline

I may at some point put this up on YT, but what I think a person should do is get one of their own, it's worth it, shit $3 at Discogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment