Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Death Piggy - Love War 7"

brainI haven't been feeling too well in the head lately.  Not too sure what's going on.  I was born a little nuts but twenty years of abusing my mind and body certainly didn't help.  Oh well it's all good. I had two posts ready to go, one serious and one silly. Well this was another one of those ones I got way back when, I guess in 1984, when it first came out.  No clue as to why I got it but it worked out okay.  Until this post I knew nothing about this band and just considered it some pretty decent silly-core.  Joke band right, or is it satire?  Well I looked here, http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/death_piggy , http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/usa/deathpiggy_main.html , http://www.fuzzlogic.com/flex/d/1266.php , and here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Piggy .  Trip out a GWAR connection, at least according to the Wikipedia article.  I don't have any GWAR but I vaguely remember liking them in the late 80's.  I didn't search really hard to find any other Death Piggy posts, but what searching I did do yielded nothing.  These guys seem like pretty good musicians on this recording and at the very least are entertaining and in a couple of songs play some good catchy hardcore.  Be careful though the songs can get stuck in your head, especially Mangoes And Goats, for me.  "When I think of mangoes, I think of goats.  When I think of goats, I think of you." EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police…go give your money to iTunes or something…

No comments:

Post a Comment