Something kind of cool happened as it does sometimes around here, and in the world too every once in a while. One of the Eureka High kids, Josh H. (a man of course now, probably with a family, kids of his own and so on) from back in the day, found himself at MR and decided to provide a donation. It comes in the way of a demo tape made by some of his classmates, My Name Is Chris. I hope he comes back and fills in the blanks, but he had this to say, "It's their Days of Slack demo, and I recorded right off the Memorex cassette tape onto an 8 track digital recorder. There's some tape hiss, but I think the quality is otherwise pretty strong. I also think the demo is pretty great for a bunch of 18 year old eureka kids. I hear a little of everything that was in the air in 92: Sonic Youth, Th' Faith Healers, the Pixies, Mudhoney, etc. These kids were really trying to work this shit out. Of course, the band broke up immediately afterward and turned into Couch and several other projects." Listening to it, I thought he was right on with the description. I know we played with them on a couple of occasions and I really liked the whole scene they were coming from. As I said before maybe he can help me out with more info or someone else has the low down. 1992 for this one, doesn't seem like that long ago but we're talking 16 years now. The Humboldt, CA. category is growing and I for one am pleased. If anybody has anything they would like to donate music wise it would be appreciated. Of course your comments, thoughts, memories and so on are always welcome. Enjoy.
Pain, Strain, And My First Name Elephant / Yellow Friend Walk Or Stay I Am The Gas Love Like An Igloo (Small And Cold)
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDV9dZxGVs&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment