Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Mob - Let The Tribe Increase

I had shown you a picture on this post, Active Minds – Welcome To The Slaughterhouse, that I thought was of a tornado this year down in Texas but in fact it had been a doctored picture of one in Florida from 1991.  The above left is the real photo.  Snopes.com is cool that way. Is this for real? I figured another Top Ten All Time was in order and to be honest I just felt like listening to the Mob.  There's no need to regurgitate a history I'm not too familiar with.  KFTH had a lot to say (the site is dead now, a real information tragedy) , while Wikipedia), is kind of weak on the subject.  I just know I really liked this band from the first time I heard them.  Weird because at the time I was listening to stuff a lot harsher than this.  Our friend Anna H. who was dating Norm G., both of whom were older than us, turned me onto the band.  In fact she gave me the poster for this album which I just have on tape.  Norm and Anna used to buy us beer all the time before we were of age.  This upload is from the Broken Rekids 2001 release of the original album and the 7"s, but it was the album that sold me on this band.  I found a nice discography here http://www.floatinganarchy.com/mob.html and while doing a search for different Mob stuff I found a demo I had never heard before at this awesome site, http://gabesuk82.blogspot.com/2008/04/mob-ching-demo-1980.html . He has their last show too.  You can also find live stuff at this site, http://mrmagoomc4.blogspot.com/ .  This stuff is definitely on the depressing side but there is a time and a place for that I guess.  Anyway I could babble on about this, but I'd rather just get to the music, as I'm sure you would too. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police…go give your money to iTunes or something…

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQLBRgLmbI&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment