I think it's time for something a little bit older and in the Top 10 All Time category. If you do not own this album, you should, because there is not one song that doesn't rip on this album. You can find this all over the blogs, so I didn't feel too bad about ripping it, but because this is a big record label thing, I'm going to take a page from the other blogs, and remind you that this is for demonstration purposes and you should only keep the download for 24 hours (EDIT: Hahaha).
This was released in 1981 and I got this not too long after that. In either 83 or 84 I had the fortune to meet these guys. They were signing autographs (a dorky act I know) at the Tower Records (or some similar giant record store chain) in Sherman Oaks. I remember my buddy Roy M. and I were in awe. Lemmy was so ugly he was handsome. They were drinking Heineken's, so I asked Lemmy if he would have the band sign one of his emptys. He asked me why I wanted an empty when I could have a full one. I was like right on so I took a beer from him and pounded it. They got a good laugh out of that and signed the bottle for me. I think I still have that signed bottle around somewhere. What is there to say about these guys that you can't find said all over the place, especially with this line up? These guys are total legends and they really deserve that, nobody rocks harder than (3 piece) Motorhead, they were the epitome of the genre. If you want to listen to music that is better than 99.9% of what is out there, listen to these tracks...
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police…go give your money to iTunes or something…
EDIT: I crack myself up reading this post 11 years after it was written, still feel that this record should be in every person's record collection. According to Discogs there are something like 144 versions of it and in my opinion it's warranted as it may be the best live album ever, if not then certainly way up there. The vid had this comment from the uploader after some idiot called him out in a comment on it (you ever want to feel like you'd rather not be part of the human race, read the comments on a typical fucked tube video)…
"No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith was recorded during the 'Short Sharp Pain In The Neck' Tour. Dates were - 27 March 1981: West Runton Pavilion, Norfolk, England 28 March 1981: Queen's Hall, Leeds, England 29 March 1981: City Hall, Newcastle, England 30 March 1981: City Hall, Newcastle, England 3 April 1981: Maysfield Leisure Centre, Belfast, Northern Ireland Hammersmith was not played on the tour. The Leeds & Newcastle gigs were recorded and the majority of the album comes from the Newcastle dates due to poor sound at Leeds. Iron Horse was recorded in 1980. No known video footage of the Newcastle gigs exist so I have made these No Sleep videos with the No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith audio and any available live video footage of the songs so the fans can have an idea of how great the band were at this point in time. The video in this clip is from the Theatre Royal, Nottingham. 20th August 1980."
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1TgdZCACqE&w=790&h=444]
No comments:
Post a Comment