My son hanging and waiting with the horses while I fill the stock tank. I don't know about where everyone else is at but it's been pretty hot around here lately. I'm okay until it gets over a 100 degrees (what is that in celsius?) and you get that hot wind blowing. The part of Kansas we're in isn't known for shade and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky. I wouldn't mind a rain but then it would be humid as hell. Oh well a person can always hop into the stock tank, lay down in a creek or head on down to the community pool.
I guess we got it from the Crass thing but in high school we used to drive around and spray paint stencils like this one all over the place. Kind of pointless in a way but it sure was fun. Grafitti art was really popular back in the mid 80's, the kind that was more artful than these stencils. I remember the cops checking our hands for paint on at least one occasion but we were clean. I kept the stencils under the floor mat.
Another top ten one here for you all to mull over and like the rest there will probably be some disagreement. To me this one in particular is too important to at least agree that it is historically significant. I first got into Crass in 1981 when I bought the Nagasaki Nightmare/Big A Little A 7". So different from anything I had heard up to that point. Feeding of the 5000 released before that in 1978, and it just blew me away. They had so much to say and the way they said it, stood on it's own, at least to my relatively young ears at the time. What they also served to do for me was to open up the doors on to a lot of other really good stuff both on and off the Crass record label. Poison Girls, the Mob, Rudimentary Peni, Icons of Filth, Conflict and so on. Later on as my friends were listening to GBH and the Exploited, I still favored the Crass stuff as far as Englich punk was concerned. One thing about Crass is that everyone has an opinion about them and it tends to be more than just they suck or they rule. A good example is at Peter's killer KBDR site here, http://www.kbdrecords.com/2008/01/30/punk-is-dead/ . They obviously had an impact and whether that was positive or negative is completely up to you. I know this is not rare and is still available but because it's in my top ten, I felt compelled to post it anyway, if only for historical purposes. Let me know what you think.
EDIT: Sorry, links to tune deleted for fear of the copyright police...they were damn good too. Go give your money to itunes or something...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aSZo8nMtvE&w=790&h=593]
No comments:
Post a Comment