Sunday, September 28, 2008

VA - Still Can't Hear The Words

schtw1A nice Subhumans (UK) cover cd for you here.  I know a lot of people don't, but I like these tribute albums.  I guess I like covers in general as long as the band doing the cover isn't doing the karaoke thing and trying to sound just like the original in the cheeziest kind of way.  Some of the tunes on this fall into that category but for the most part the rest of them rip.  You just can't go wrong doing songs by one of the best in the Subhumans.  I never got a chance to see them but they definitely did some time on my turntable back in the day.  Most of the bands on here I don't recognize but I really dig the stuff by those that I do.  The stand outs for me were Wat Tyler, Hellkrusher and Cress.  My buddy Ivan from high school was really into these guys.  Anyway this one was a benefit so if you know that it is still available please give me the link of where to get it.  Before too long I will post some of the actual Subhumans stuff, but I'm sure you can find all that if you take a look. This PLAYLIST has most if not all of the tunes off the CD...

No comments:

Post a Comment