Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jesus Lizard

Jesus DinoWas looking for cover art on this post, so yall wouldn't have to suffer through my pics with my crappy digital camera.  Yeah still no scanner.  I found this picture and was kind of chuckling, but it fits in fairly well.  On another blog a guy was saying he was going to vote for McCain/Palin and someone was saying that she believed that Jesus walked with the dinosaurs.  Or was it Moses? A little further on I found this flyer up for sale on ebay and was chuckling again.  I am a spiritual person but the idea that the earth is only 5 or 6 thousand years old just baffles me.  So limiting.  I don't know I guess I don't need to get into a spiritual or philosophical discussion.  Around here though that is a pretty popular belief.  You tell me. Jes LizDid a post of these guys not too long ago, but didn't really have too much to say.  I guess you either know them or you don't, but if you don't you should.  If you are a fan of the jazzy punk kind of sound like No Means No or Victims Family you should dig these guys.  I can't remember if these guys played in Nor Cal when I was up there or not but it was about that time in the late 80's that I got into them.  I'd probably have to credit one of my old guitar players, Ed, for that.  On this 7" you get one song off an album (a different version) and a Dicks cover.  If you have followed this site from way back you know I love it when great bands cover great bands.  This site, The Jesus Lizard has a lot more info on the band than I could ever spit up, so check that out.  Wikipedia always seems to make a decent read, here .  They actually call them noise rock and it wasn't until I read that, that I found out there was a Scratch Acid connection.  What the hell do I know anyway?  Actually I know some pretty decent music, so here it is.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAoCp3nI0w&w=560&h=315]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr_A3gxipLY&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment