Another choice taste of Humboldt, Ca from my bro Jeff the Leftoverking, giving us a glimpse of what's going on up there these days.
The Lord's Burning Rain could be a reference to Genesis 19:24 (Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven), but I don't know that these guys intended that reference. Interesting what the Skeptics Annotated Bible had to say about that passage, "God kills everyone (men, women, children, infants, newborns) in Sodom and Gomorrah by raining "fire and brimstone from the Lord out of heaven." Well, almost everyone -- he spares the "just and righteous" Lot and his family. Although many Christians consider this story to be a condemnation of homosexuality, others disagree."
That was a little bit of a tangent there because the reality is these guys really put out some heavy rockin music. The tunes I have here are rough mix stuff from a session they did with Jeff. My personal favorite is the tune Alien Brood. Now this is what I like to hear coming out of Humboldt. The North Coast Journal calls them a "psyche-metal band" and "adventure metal"...hahaha...I wish I was up with the many genres of metal there now are. Let me know what you think and if you dig them be sure and check out their page at, Myspace...
Alien Brood Ice Breath Of The Snow Bear My Turkish Bride Rachel’s Song
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXf1Bx-mRGE&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment