Hoss plays rough and really puts on his game face for the festivities. Our other little dog, who is actually quite a bit bigger than Hoss, usually picks on him and dominates, but yesterday he beat the shit out of her. I was going to stop them but my wife told me that he needed to put her in her place. :-) I've said it before, be glad he isn't a full sized dog.
Can I put this one in the Jazz Punk category? Kind of a tough call on this one as both bands have a grind or powerviolence thing going on, but I don't have a categories for that yet. Maybe a category called Insane would be a good place to put this. If you know these bands you know what I'm talking about. Probably not what most people would choose to listen to, but well worth at least checking out. I'm not as familiar with The Locust as I am Melt Banana. My bro Sang got me into Melt Banana years ago with a tape he sent me and I was blown away with the first song. I ended up buying a lot of their stuff and getting a lot more by way of MP3. They have a ton of releases as do The Locust. A full blown Melt Banana post will be in order for the future. My Humboldt bros had nothing but good to say about them as they have played Nor Cal several times and really put on a sweet live show. Also my bro Jason toured with them but I haven't been able to squeeze any stories out of him. Check Wikipedia for a little about the band plus links to their website, myspace and label. You can find the same type of thing for The Locust here .
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZxuC2GXWaM]
The earliest live video I could find of MB... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtJt_YLrI4o&w=560&h=315]
Some Locust too... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAby3SLJYnc&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment