
Another one of those posts just for the Humboldt of it because I'm not really that excited by the band. They are very good, I think, for the style they play, but it's not one of the many styles that grabs me. I only saw these guys once that I remember and that was in 1987, the first year I was up there. They played in the common room on the first floor of the Sunset dorm. I remember liking them which was why I got this tape, but I was pretty high and drunk at the time (and maybe dosed as well). The singer guitar player was a really nice guy and seemed like he was the meat and potaoes of the band. I don't think they were around too much longer and ended up moving to the bay area. They released stuff on Kirbdog Records, Very Small Records and Lookout Records from what I can tell. I couldn't find too much about the band on the net except for this,
http://www.myspace.com/nuisanceband . There's some live video over here,
http://blackblk.blogspot.com/2007/03/nuisance.html. As I said the band is a little too poppy for my taste, but the tune, Censorship Song, kind of warmed my ears and reminded me more of what they were about live. Rockin' ya know. See what you think.
Your House
Brighter Flower
Censorship Song
Waiting Room
Days Of Sun
Long songs so you can get it the easy way too,
http://www.mediafire.com/?zyewimnjznw
No comments:
Post a Comment