I remember getting this one in the mail from Ade of the Satanic Malfunctions, where I got all my stuff from the Looney Tunes label. I can't remember the year on this one but it must have been about 87. There were lots of cool record stores in the valley and LA proper at that time to spend all my money on, but there was something special about getting stuff in the mail, especially overseas. To this day I love getting new music in the mail. Not too long ago I got a big package from my old junior high school friend Bob of Lack of Interest at Deep Six Records . James of The Buffy Swayze, amongst numerous other bands, from up Humboldt Cali way, sent me some CDs and I got the Dearborn SS 7" from Vinyl Junkie Distro. My bro Brian is always sending me stuff he rips and I've actually already posted some of that stuff. Love getting shit in the mail, at least something besides the bills and other junk. The only thing that came today was the massive propane bill I've been making minimum payments on. Anyway about this record and band. Encyclopaedia Metallum had a thing on them but that site is down right now so I can't seem to make the link work. Basically this is different from so many of the other releases on Looney Tunes and in fact the band thanks Broken Bones and the English Dogs so that may indicate what they sound like. One of the guys in the band was listed as having been in the English Dogs at some point in time. They remind me of an English Excel. The tune "Oppressor" never did anything for me but the other two tunes rocked in my opinion. Check them out and let me know.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFkIGpuX9SI]
No comments:
Post a Comment