A rockin New Year on the new farm deserves a rockin post. It's taken me a little while to get this first post of the New Year, but I haven't been so busy that I wasn't wishing you guys the best the New Year may have to offer you. Once again I'm not feeling like posting something I already have ripped from vinyl and to be honest I haven't had the time to look around to rip something post worthy. This one took about a month and a half to download in a torrent, so in some kind of dorky computer pirate kind of way I felt I earned it, but when I got it I was a little disappointed. The sound quality even at lossless was not that great, but being a piece of history it is definately post worthy. What had originally happened was that I started to record one of my Blue Cheer records and was extremely bummed when in the first minute it had a terrible skip. Now my records have been through a lot with me and even though they haven't been treated like priceless works of art, I have kept them in their sleeves with plastic covers. Do they just spontaneously develop skips and scratches? Anyway, I was on a mission to post some of that early edgy stuff that paved the way for the punk and hardcore that was yet to come. My first thought was the Stooges and like Blue Cheer I may post them yet, but I have already run across some incredible Stooges stuff like my bro Jason had here, http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/2008/11/stooges.html . The next band that came to mind was MC5, which is a band I know very little about and haven't heard a lot music from, so they seemed ripe for a little personal exploration. Basically everything I know about them is from the tiny bit of word of mouth that I can remember, a few rock documentaries and of course http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC5. Seeing them live from all accounts must have been something else. According to this incredible Stooges database, http://goto.glocalnet.net/igged/Stooges%20Playlist.htm , the Stooges and MC5 played together quite a bit, along with some other bands that deserve some exploration as well. Anyway I could go on and on, when you all can read for yourselves so just give the music a listen.
Stooges Monday, January 5, 2009
Stooges / MC5 - 07/18/70, Soldier Field, Chicago, Ill.
A rockin New Year on the new farm deserves a rockin post. It's taken me a little while to get this first post of the New Year, but I haven't been so busy that I wasn't wishing you guys the best the New Year may have to offer you. Once again I'm not feeling like posting something I already have ripped from vinyl and to be honest I haven't had the time to look around to rip something post worthy. This one took about a month and a half to download in a torrent, so in some kind of dorky computer pirate kind of way I felt I earned it, but when I got it I was a little disappointed. The sound quality even at lossless was not that great, but being a piece of history it is definately post worthy. What had originally happened was that I started to record one of my Blue Cheer records and was extremely bummed when in the first minute it had a terrible skip. Now my records have been through a lot with me and even though they haven't been treated like priceless works of art, I have kept them in their sleeves with plastic covers. Do they just spontaneously develop skips and scratches? Anyway, I was on a mission to post some of that early edgy stuff that paved the way for the punk and hardcore that was yet to come. My first thought was the Stooges and like Blue Cheer I may post them yet, but I have already run across some incredible Stooges stuff like my bro Jason had here, http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/2008/11/stooges.html . The next band that came to mind was MC5, which is a band I know very little about and haven't heard a lot music from, so they seemed ripe for a little personal exploration. Basically everything I know about them is from the tiny bit of word of mouth that I can remember, a few rock documentaries and of course http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC5. Seeing them live from all accounts must have been something else. According to this incredible Stooges database, http://goto.glocalnet.net/igged/Stooges%20Playlist.htm , the Stooges and MC5 played together quite a bit, along with some other bands that deserve some exploration as well. Anyway I could go on and on, when you all can read for yourselves so just give the music a listen.
Stooges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment