It just popped into my head today that I've been a white collar worker for the last 5 years (6 if you include the year I was a substitute teacher). No big deal I guess but a long way from all those blue collar years of swinging a pick and kicking a shovel. It shows though as I'm in the crappiest shape of my life, with the exception of when I was a drunk, in and out of drunk tanks and hospitals. On that note a song came up tonight while I was checking out what I wish I had hard copies of, on my hard drive, and ran across Lemmy doing Thirsty and Miserable from Rise Above - 24 Black Flag Songs To Benefit The West Memphis Five. Check it out, great cover.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQp96StkNWU&w=1055&h=791]
Well my good bro Jeff up Humboldt CA way did me right yet again and sent me three CDs the other day and I thought I would pass on the goodness to all of you. Known Jeff for something like 20 years and he has never stopped doing me right. I will be posting all three CDs which include Raiding The Airwaves (a benefit comp for Humboldt Free radio Alliance), the Hitch's Motorcycle Nurseryrhymes and this one. I did a Fire Demons post a while back here which you should check out even if it is to just check out the funny video I have for you there. Jeff is one of those multi talented dudes and is actually one of my favorite artists in this ugly world. In this band he plays the drums, whereas most of the bands he's played in he played guitar and you get Robert Tripp on guitar. Check them out at their Fire Demons myspace if you don't believe me because it's just the two of them. I needed this stuff as it took me away from the constant high speed thrashing I subject my ears to. This stuff leaves you with a more of a heavy in the gut feeling like a good pot of greasy chili. It's hard to believe there's no bass and Jeff just rocks the skins. My favorite tune on this one is Cape, but I'd be interested in knowing what you think.
Don't Piss Me Off Hole In The Ground People Like You Bad Move Dented Just Another Jock Cape Always Broke Sick And Tired Big Loaf man
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7MEMAClHk&w=1280&h=720]
While on the Humboldt groove my buddy James a band mate of Jeff's and another super musician emailed me some tunes that I've been meaning to post. He also sent me some CDs not too long ago that I will need to post (damn I'm starting to get backlogged on stuff I need to post, you might say I'm running a constipated music blog). Anyway this is some random stuff that will take you back in a Humboldt time machine. Great stuff.
Boner Pills - Super Hot Crutch - A New One Of Those Crutch - Drunken Sailor The Jane Maxwell Band - Some Of Us Jesse and Chris - She’s Moving In
No comments:
Post a Comment