A little bit of mid/late 90's San Diego for you here. In my reading this has been described as art noise, whatever the fuck that is, but I was buddies with one of the guys in the band Devon, and damn it I dug these guys. He always did me right and was way ahead of his time on the computer, and would make me CDs of music he'd found in the age before the music blog, at the dawn of the internet. I can't remember which instrument he played but I do know that he was a lover of your finer beers and the only guy I've ever known that would go through the process required to take olives from the tree and process them so they were edible. I've never been a fan of the olive except back then I liked them in my martini. Kind of that heroin music sound to them and if you close your eyes you get the feeling they would go well on a Quentin Tarantino movie soundtrack. Is it the reverb that gives one that impression? Being drunk most of the time back then these guys seemed like the best band in the world and that's not an insult, I listened to this tape a bunch when in a stupor. For a little bit of ancient (and recent?) history on the band go here. Might have been lost in time forever if it hadn't have been for this post, doesn't that just make your day? The first and last tunes are the standouts for me.
Heaven Is For Wimps
Coelecanth
Goth Song
Superspazman
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCzUXURUgJg&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment