Monday, March 9, 2009

Ill Repute - Halloween 1 & 2

Shitty time last week with one of the worst kind of hellish colds I've had in a long time.  I felt like a kid again in the bad kind of way, helpless and miserable.  Made up for it though when the old lady and I took Friday off so we could do our bi-monthly trip to the big town to pick up supplies.  We hit up our usual spots and even tried out what passes for a pawn shop in that town.  Pretty crappy compared to some of the ones I've been to in some of the bigger cities but we did manage to pick up some movies and a PS2 game which we hadn't done in a while.  Saturday had a birthday party for the granddaughter and Sunday took one of the older guys from Kim's group home out for lunch, pepsi and shopping.  After that spent some quality time with the horses so what started out shitty ended up pretty sweet.

ir-halloween1 ir-halloweenb This is my third and last Ill Repute post and in case you missed them be sure to check out What Happens Next and Oxnard Land Of No Toilets.  I've already said a lot on these guys on those posts so be sure and check those out and the comments too.  Three posts should tell you they're definately one of my favorite hardcore bands and maybe just bands in general.  The other side of that is that I hadn't ripped any vinyl in a while and just felt like listening to these two 7"s.  To be honest with you not as good as I remembered them and not really the most "powerful" of live recordings I've heard by bands recently.  Check out Mental Abuses' 01-adolescent-skins_gimme-death-live.  Now that is some sick ass live hardcore, but don't get me wrong I still stand behind Ill Repute 100%.  There's a few tunes on here that stand out like Sleepwalking, Cherokee Nation and Fuck With My Head so at least check those out.  My copy of part two didn't come with a cover but I found those images out there for you on some guy's Flickr when I did an image search.  Edit: I wanted to give the guy who supplied the awesome scans of these covers some credit for those, so be sure to check out his Flickr page hereI always had What Happens Next on tape so when I went to get it years later it came as a "Value Pack" that had the part two 7" with no cover.  Anyway, babbling again, so give this a listen.

 

Stop And Think Fill It Up Sleepwalking Sleepwalking II Fuck With My Head Cherry Cherry Monster Mash ir-halloween2 ir-halloween2b

 

Count The Odds Smoke On The Water Change Bad Rep Laugh It Off Cherokee Nation Sometimes, I don't know if you've noticed, it's not enough to just do what I had planned.  I hadn't heard the demos from these guys and thought I'd see if I could find those.  The guy over at the awesome Old School blog had them posted but I couldn't get the files to download.  My bro Jason had recommended trying Soulseek a while ago so I finally got off me ass and tried that out.  Good for me and good for you because I found both Ill Repute demos there and am passing those on to you.  Listening to these was like finding some long lost early Ill Repute record because this stuff seriously stings it.  It wasn't just the tunes that were familiar but several others really jumped out at me.  So go ahead have at them. Demo 06/82

 

No Hope Boot Camp Death Row We’ll Get Back At Them Greed Clean Cut American Kid When You Win You Lose Don’t Be Like Them Punk Love Can’t Fuck Your Money Judgement Day

 

In Society/Who Cares I Won’t Kill For You Strike Back Thirsty Eyes PT Blues Sluts Rapid Pulse Propaganda Demo 09/82

 

Pressure Why Us Don’t Get Used Hit N Run Bad Rep Takin Care Of Business Pluto’s Mad Lab Who Needs You

 

In Society/Who cares Noise Clean Cut American kid Monster Mash Cherry Cherry When You Win You Lose Judgement Day Count The Odds

 

No comments:

Post a Comment