Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Velvet Underground & Nico

VU and N front VU and N back Another one of those curious moments made me go and search out this one.  Always heard about these guys and how influencial they were so I gave it a go.   As always this was enlightening.  So listening to it, and all I could think was, heroin music.  Damn I can taste it right now.  I know I've listened to these guys before but I just never paid any attention and they probably never made much of an impact.  These days I'm curious, less close minded and willing to give anything a chance.  Mood music might be another way to describe it but no matter what I think they were obviously important.  I guess in that sense they had to end up being a Mustard Relic although a very recent one.  To get more of this kind of jingle jangle junkie rock check one of my previous posts and favorites in Sparklehorse.  I actually like Sparklehorse a bit better but what does my opinion count for?  It's weird how music can be associated with moods, feelings, and even states of mind.  This one is kind of hippy maybe in time but also kind of has that beatnik place going on.  You guys have all probably heard this before but in any case here it is. Sunday Morning I’m Waiting For The Man Femme Fatale Venus In Furs Run Run Run All Tomorrow’s Parties Heroin There She Goes Again I’ll Be Your Mirror The Black Angel’s Death Song European Son

 

Just for the hell of it here is an early thing from Reed and Cale called the Primitives that I stole from here. The Ostritch Sneaky Pete

 

No comments:

Post a Comment