As spring approaches there's not much going on here except watching things green up and dread the acres of mowing that comes with it. Kim and I were both sick with different shit at different times but we seem to have made it through okay. We got an anniversary coming up so we're both looking forward to some time off and a chance to treat ourselves to some good food and travel. Just a 2 1/2 hour drive but to us out in the sticks it feels like a world away. To all my friends that are thousands of miles away, how about some Iron Lung?
It sucks looking for these guys on the net because you get a lot of hits for the lame Radio Head song "My Iron Lung". That happened a couple of years ago too when you looked for Infest you got more lameness in the form of Papa Roach's "Infest". Oh well I guess I've got nothing better to complain about. If you do an image search on Yahoo you start with everyone's Flickr stuff on Google you start with everything but Flickr. Weird but you probably didn't care about that. The other day I was just reading up on different bands, their discographies and whatnot, and came across Iron Lung. You might remember the post I did on them, the Lana Dagales split. I guess if you had listened to the band back then or you've heard them before, you know what kind of crucial sickness they are. Anyway I found out they had a demo from one of the discographies I was checking out and for me demos really say something particular about a band. I was having trouble finding it and even asked my bro Jason at Lo Res Viscera, but he didn't know where I could find it either. A little patience and perseverance paid off though and I finally found it. Pretty much what you'd expect from this brilliantly brutal band but maybe a little more loose and raw. Love this shit maybe you will too
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5BSVVUcohU&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment