Saturday, March 14, 2009

King Jerk

KING JERKYou know when doing an image search these days you have to sift through everybody's flickr stuff before you can find an image that doesn't "belong" to someone.  Kind of a cool shot of Humboldt Bay from the wikipedia site.  Used to fish that bay and catch crabs but 9/10 times it'd make me sick.  Anyway a beautiful day today in nowhere Kansas so I've been running around doing chores.  Had to clean up some carcasses today as one of the dogs has made it her mission to kill possums and another one dragged up what was left of a calf's back legs.

Been meaning to post this one for a while and the Leftoverking mentioned that he wouldn't mind doing some listening.  My bro Boner and I had been talking about past Humboldt bands and he mentioned that he used to play bass in this band back in the early 90's.  This was after we quit doing Garden Weasel and I had moved onto Grout.  For some reason Boner and I lost touch after Garden Weasel, and he went on to play with these guys.  I have problems with the synapse's in my brain so sometimes there are gaps.  The master mind I guess behind them was a guy named Gabe Douge, who had been an engineer on a couple of recording projects I had been involved in.  Kind of a musical jack of all trades from what Boner says.  I did some internet searching and pretty much came up with zero on these guys, so this is probably the first time this has been posted.  Thanx to Boner another piece of Humboldt music history has been exposed for you here.  Definitely metal influenced stuff but there's kind of a jazz thing going on here too.  Maybe it's that Humboldt touch but rarely did bands just play straightforward type stuff in one genre or another.  I'm not going to go on too much about this though in my lame way, I'd rather you guys just give it a listen and give me your opinion.

Rimjob Blurt Heavy Science of You Another Song You Git Dave Cottrell Story Void Godhead Mantra Dead Hippie Worm Belly Stagnant Water Malaria Skrag Sodomer New Song

Endless thx to Brian and Jed for allowing this to not be lost forever

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtC6SMdWJZ4&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment