Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Runaways - S/T Lp

RunawaysAnother one of those curious moments where I'd heard a lot about a band but never actually took the time to give them a listen.  Every once in a while the old lady and I watch those Top 100 things on VH1 and whenever they talk about Joan Jett or Lita Ford they mention these ladies.  The internet being what it is, it was easy to aquire some (actually all) of their stuff to satisfy that curiosity and I'm always up for something different.  Of course along with listening to the music I had to read this first.  If you read all of that then you know more than I do because I forgot most of it in a relatively short period of time.  It's been pretty quiet around here and I'm not feeling too motivated so I'm having a hard time coming up with something to say.  Let's keep it simple, it's pretty obvious from the sound of these ladies and definately their haircuts that this is some late 70's stuff.  Punky hard rock.  Somehow they pull it off in a way that no one else does.  The fat guitar sound especially on the live album really does it for me.  Actually everyone rocks in this band.  Still though, I'm not sure if it's as good as later Joan Jett stuff (I was never a Lita Ford fan), but what do I know.  So far the tune Gettin' Hot off the live album is my favorite.  Okay I'm done, listen to the music or not. Cherry Bomb You Drive Me Wild Is It Day Or Night Thunder Rock And Roll Lovers American Nights Blackmail Secrets Dead End Justice run live 1 Queens Of Noise California Paradise All Right You Guys Wild Thing Gettin’ Hot Rock-N-Roll You Drive Me Wild Neon Angels On The Road To Ruin I Wanna Be Where The Boys Are Cherry Bomb American Nights C’mon

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfXh1kDGodU&w=790&h=593]

No comments:

Post a Comment