Monday, September 7, 2009

Fire Demons - Live @ Hell's Kitchen

One of my dogs killed a whole litter of new born kittens today.  You know country living does not provide one with an escape from the cruelty of mankind, but nature and it's harsh reality is more evident.  Everything if processed correctly can be a lesson, I suppose. Brian sent me on a quest for more music related to past posts.  Thanx bro.  We've done Lynyrd Skynyrd and we've done the Accused but we haven't done the Accused doing Skynyrd.  Really like the covers those guys do. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3y0lBwgWs&w=560&h=315] Low and behold found another cover of the same song by a band that I really never got into, although they were around back in the day.  They don't do a bad job in my opinion, [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWM--COKZg&w=560&h=315] This next one is definitely for you Brian, another sweet Skynyrd cover, [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHku3fdGHc&w=560&h=315] Funny, I mentioned this before, I never really was a Skynyrd fan going back to the Toby & Jacks days in Arcata, because they were a band you could find just about every idiot playing on the jukebox in any bar I've ever been into.  Simple Man and Junkie are faves now though, but I've mentioned that before too.  If you're into metal bands doing covers you must check out, Tributes of Metal.

This band popped into my head the other day and I'm glad they did... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_K2VxlcPjc&w=560&h=315] You know it's too bad they didn't get as much appreciation back then.  Not that the whole band didn't rock in the most unique of ways, especially back then, but damn the guitar sound send shivers down my spine.

Been sitting on this post for a while now and really should have put it out there a while back when it was still fresh, never-the-less...  This show was from sometime at the beginning of the summer (I think) when The Fire Demons did this west coast thing and played several show in between Cali and Canada.  I wasn't there obviously but Jeff was kind enough to pass it on by way of the sometimes insincere internet.  Couldn't tell you if it was a soundboard or audience thing but I know the sound is great.  Stole this picture, taken at the show but you should go see more pictures first hand from the show, here.   I've done a few posts on these guys that you can find if you're so inclined, and to be honest with you I've babbled on about these guys enough (starting to get sick of the sound of my own voice or I guess in this case, reading my own writing).  They kick ass and rock hard, enjoy.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0DMOulvn5A&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment