Thursday, September 3, 2009

Millions of Dead Cops - feat. Pig Champion 7"

I know you guys have gotten emails with pictures like these before, where photos are ruined by something else in the picture.  Silly I know, but they made me laugh.

skm1 skm2 skm3 skm4 skm5 Jay had mentioned a while back on that Kiss post, another cover that might be worth looking into.  Searched high and low for it, and even emailed a couple of guys on other blogs that seem to have a lot of this early east coast stuff.  Found out that Roir who originally released the live cassette may be putting it out again (actually all they have is a picture of the cover and over it the words "Soon Come").  Anyway you can find just about everything music wise at slsk, but even there I found nothing.  It's all about timing though and when the right person comes on, bam, there it is.

The other day a friend of mine, on another music site, called me neurotic because of my comments and banned me from making future comments on his site.  I can respect him for that.  It may be neurotic to say this but, to my other friends out there, don't let it get to that.  If I'm bugging you let me know, because I know I can bug, and I'll back the fuck off. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7e1RUXUx7o&w=560&h=315]

Another song off the radio that I can't believe I'd never heard before, or at least remember me hearing.  You know, speaking of neurotic, I think the radio station is a little bugged by me because whenever they play a good song that I don't know, without mentioning the title or band, I call them up or email them.  The wife who already knows how nutty I am, gives me a hard time about bugging them.  Anyway everybody else in the world probably knows this tune written by John Entwhistle, so here that is. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpz2OYf1QU&w=560&h=315]

And how about a pretty fucking great cover of that tune by a band that some of you may be familiar with.  The Accused - Boris The Spider [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHCYw1hddo&w=560&h=315] I discovered a blog while surfing around with a pretty wide selection of some pretty rare metal.  If you are into that kind of stuff you should definately check them out at Lockjaw.  They don't have a lot to say most of the time, which maybe I could learn from, but the music speaks for itself.  A quick sample of something I found there, Terrorizer - Dead Shall Rise (rehearsal 04-25-87) Erich over at the Good Bad Music site sent this one to me a while back along with a bunch of other killer 7"s.  This is the one that I had said I was looking for along with the MDC/Capitalist Casualties split.  This one was noteworthy because it had Tom "Pig Champion" of Poison Idea on guitar.  My musical ear isn't that good so it's not like when I listened to it I could identify it as having his signature guitar work.  Still, if you like MDC, and over the years like some other bands that have been around for a long time, they have a formula, you will dig this.  If anything you gotta dig the title of the first track.  Reminded me of when I was a kid and this older kid stole several of my Dungeons & Dragons figurines.  I never did have the guts to say... I Don't Want To Hurt You Dude, I Just Want My Shit Back Dark Clouds

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS3kE1He5KI&w=1280&h=720]

No comments:

Post a Comment