Friday, October 16, 2009

System Of A Down - demos

system_of_a_down___live___rI try not to follow the news too much as it usually just pisses me off (I've mentioned that before).  When I go to log in at my Yahoo email account I catch the headlines there and alot of times that's enough for me.  There were two headlines yesterday, one right after the other.  "No cost of living increase for Social Security recipients" and "Goldman Sachs profit tops $3B on strong trading".  I know singing the same old song like you've heard a million times before, but the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.  That's what makes a third world country.  I can't even fathom a billion dollars.  I take home about $1300 a month and at that rate it would take me 64 years to have taken home one million dollars.  When you consider the rest of the world, I am not poor by any stretch of the imagination, but when you've got NFL atheletes taking home a million a game, actors making 20 million a movie and CEO's making 30 million a year, something is wrong.  I know I'm just some lowly guy helping people with disabilities find work (I'm certainly not the best at what I do), but damn.  I'm not bitching, I don't care if I make more money, I survive pretty well on what I make, I just think that anyone taking home a million a year is taking home plenty.  When is it enough?  Last year, John McCain, kind of jokingly, stated that to be rich is making 5 million a year.  To me that is filthy rich.  How rich is rich enough?  Ageless topic but it's just what was on my mind. soad1I've been sitting on this one a while, actually already had it uploaded, but my buddy Jay mentioned these guys so I decided now was a good time.  These guys are extemely big, so there's probably no point in giving you some kind of lowdown, when you can find that at my usual source, here.  You know, it's funny because I usually link you guys to the Wikipedia article about each band (predictable I know), but in looking for other info about these guys I noticed that a lot of blogs just copy off that Wikipedia article and that is the sum total of their post.  I'm no better or worse I guess, just different, but I'm not used to that kind of absence of babbling.  Being the half breed that I am, I guess I'm kind of racist in that I checked these guys out purely because they were all Armenian (and from Glendale, where I spent many years hanging out).  Anybody been to the Glendale Galleria?  I'm not really into the whole NuMetal thing, there are a few exceptions, but these guys are grisley (had to think of a new word because I use brutal too often).  I tried to have a buddy of mine help me to hunt down these demos a while back, but he wouldn't touch them because he didn't dig them.  For some people they're a little too mainstream and I get that, being underground used to be really important to me.  This stuff though is from when they were underground and actually nowhere near as polished as they were to become.  Still to me this band is one of a kind and I'm interested to here the positive and the negative of what you guys have to say. Untitled Demo 1995 PIG (Mr. Jack) Flake Toast The Metro First Demo Sugar Suite-Pee Dam P.L.U.C.K. (Politically Lying, Unholy, Cowardly Killers) Second Demo Honey Soil Temper Third Demo Know War Peep-Hole

 

No comments:

Post a Comment