Friday, September 17, 2010

Black Sabbath - Into The Void b/w After Forever

Was having a smoke at work today and saw this bug on the sidewalk. A tiny little thing with huge antenna that he was using to feel around on the concrete, seemingly, walking around in circles. I got up real close and asked him what he was looking for.  All of a sudden he jumped up, and flew away. I didn't know he could fly.

BS-ITVShort and sweet this time, with no wining and carrying on, a'ite? A nice follow up to the last post, I think, with this bootleg I got a while back. I probably paid too much for it, as you know, I'm poor and as a result a tight wad, but damn it I just don't have too many Sabbath 7"s (and you really can't have too many). A pretty sweet audience recording of two tunes from Master of Reality, played live before the album was released. Alternate lyrics even. The sleeve is made to look like an official release from 1971, pictured at left, featuring the songs "Into the Void" and "Black Sabbath".  I fucking love every member of this band and the sound they created. My old band grout did a cover of "Into the Void" that I really enjoyed playing even though it may not have been a joy to listen to.  If for no other reason  than to have seen these guys in their prime, I should have been born 10 years earlier (except then I'd be in my 50's now). Damn. Live January 14th 1971, City Hall, Sheffield, England

Into the Void After Forever

EDIT: Took down those direct links to those two songs a while back, BS has a whole gang of copyright police hunting down folks "sharing" their music, so go get your shit on itunes! or spotify or some other similar avenue. In the meantime the whole set (I was two years and 7 days old when that gig happened) is up at fucking youtube...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUV_-N5V-U&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment