Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Buffy Swayze - Manthology

I blew my load on that last post so I'm not really feeling like going into a whole lot of detail in that typical Mustard Relics kind of way (yay!) and sharing all kinds of tid bits and music bites.  I will say though, that sometimes work can just suck the life right out of you and leave you wondering how you manage to do it day in and day out.  Should be more excited I suppose as yesterday made it 5 years since I have wrapped my lips around a bottle of liquor.  Probably the hardest thing I've ever done and certainly one of my biggest accomplishments (digging yourself into a hole and then digging yourself out).

(Picture stolen from the apparently dead, Humblog who borrowed it from Bob Doran) Since this is a Humboldt post and Little Jimmy provided the main rip, thought I would share a few tunes by a recent band of his, Buffy Swayze.  Kind of a punky, new wave thing a la 1979, or maybe more of a trippy, surf Bowie-esque grove, what do I know. I need to take a class in how to be more descriptive than "cool", "dig", "brutal" and "rockin".  Don't think these guys have played in a while, if they were it would be another one of James' 12 bands. Anyway, "AM at Night" is the "hit" of these for me (some pretty cool stuff). The Scent of the Opposite Sex AM @ Night Good Old USA Under Your Radar [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_d42zkPdLw&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment