Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trio - Da Da Da 7"

You know some (most?) institutions are easy targets, especially something like Christianity, or really any religion for that matter.  Historically they're all fucked.  Probably the easiest place to find hypocrisy, is in a belief system, but I've found that the problem isn't in the text (even though there are problems there too), it's the fucking followers.  The ones that claim to be the most devout are the worst.  What's so odd about that is that every text I've ever read deals mostly with introspection as the root, and yet, you have all these extroverted assholes, trying to tell you what's up.  So anyway, the thing about criticizing these kind of institutions though is that it's a little cliche.  We should always be critical of those who have power over us, but sometimes it's just too easy.  Take Columbus Day, for example, was actually thinking about it yesterday.  I'm sorry but if you support this holiday, you need to do some homework or maybe consider what you consider right (or maybe your just an idiot).  Read something like this article, one of a million I found by doing a search. Columbus Day is another easy target for ridicule, in fact it's almost hard to believe that such a self righteous nation like our own still celebrates it.  It's silly to even discuss his "discovery" because obviously there were people living throughout the "Americas" long, long before Europeans made genocidal contact, but that's really an old argument.  Not too long ago I watched this History Channel thing about all kinds of other characters from all kinds of different cultures who "discovered" it before Columbus.  I don't know why I watched because, there again, how did these idiots discover a place that was already inhabited.  I got to thinking about it yesterday though, and despite how ridiculous the discussion is and the fact that justice would not be served if there wasn't a hell, just to house Columbus, what a HUGE event it was.  I'm not too bright, but I can't think of more significant event in recorded human history.  I don't know...if anyone's paying attention, can you think of something else that has had that kind of impact? Another question...anybody into the The Vaselines - Rory Rides Me Raw? Been sitting on this post for a while now and even though I have plans to post several more Humboldt bands, I thought this would be good to break it up a bit (and to maybe show that there really is no rhyme or reason around here). Trio seemed like something worth posting, seeing as how a couple of weeks (months?) ago I was really grooving on them and trying to track down more of their music besides this 7" I have.  As the Wiki article says, "By far, the band is most noted for the song "Da da da, ich lieb dich nicht du liebst mich nicht aha aha aha" (usually simply "Da Da Da") which was a hit in 30 countries worldwide."  I have to admit, as played out as that song has been over the last 3 decades, with commercials and all kinds of idiots covering it, in 1982, when I first heard it, I thought it was a great tune.  Fuck it, it still is.  What this post is about though is the B side of this French version. Tell me that's not a bad ass, punk fucking rock tune. That's it, Da Da Da Ja Ja Wo Gehts Lank Peter Pank Schonen Dank

 

As I said, I was kind of in a Trio groove a little while back, so I found a couple of other pieces of wax they did for download. Then I went to Youtube (or maybe it was the other way around), and found all kinds of random stuff, but most importantly, for our purposes, I "discovered" this one live show broken up into tracks from this guy (gal?) Huppelplopp1848.  So in wannabee pirate fashion, I promptly used the JDownloader to rip that incredible set into mp3s.  The true punk rocker may call me a kook but these guys fucking rock.  I have no idea what they're saying, it really could be anything, but I've always been into the exotic sound of music sung in something besides (speak) English (or die).  He sings some of the stuff in English and it's better than the English spoken by many of my neighbors.  I don't know...dig or don't, but know that you are a dick if you don't have the same musical taste as me.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVXVw7K3G4&w=560&h=315]

Bommerlunder

Da da da

Du, ich wär so gern bei dir

Energie

Halt mich fest, ich werd verrückt

Ja ja wo geht's lank Peter Pank schönen Dank

Los Paul

Oder doch

Sunday Need Love monday be alone

Broken Hearts For You And Me

Ja Ja Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment