Monday, November 15, 2010

BG / Iron Lung - split 7"

Liam on the early 50's Indian and me on the '69 Triumph back in 1999(?).   Was living with Dirty Steve back then, who was a better friend than I realized at the time (regrets).  Sure fucking loved riding his Triumph and as you can tell Liam was pretty stoked sitting on the Indian.  I wasn't a 24/7 drunk quite yet but was definitely getting fucked up and passing out every night.  The twilight of  my functional alcoholic-ness.  Got the safety orange City of Lemon Grove sweatshirt on, damn that was a sweet job.  The boss was this idiot ex-junkie 12 stepper (idiot, ex-junkie and 12 stepper are not always connected), who had an arborist license (which is a big deal in the landscaper/groundskeeper world), and in the five years I worked there he managed to prune half of one small tree.  It's just not a good situation when you have zero respect for your boss, not to mention when I was coming in to work hung over, reeking like liquor every morning (when I wasn't too shaky to call in sick).  Never laughed so hard as when tank sprayer filled with this weed killer (the name escapes), not available to the happy home owner, and dark blue dye blew up in his face (I was sick, I know).  He was lucky and his eyes and mouth were closed, so he didn't get sick or blinded, but the dye left his face blue for two weeks.  When he finally got smart and decided to look for ways to fire me, not because I didn't kick as at work (when I was there), but because I was a drunk, he took me into the shop office with his boss.  Funny thing was that my bosses, bosses, boss hated me too because I had basically told her to get lost because she had this habit of stepping on people on the radio (interrupting conversations between people in the field on their walkie talkies).  So they have me in there, and their reasoning is that I'm using up too much sick leave.  Pissed me off to the point where I was screaming loud enough for the guys in the shop to hear me, "DON'T GIVE ME SICK LEAVE IF I CAN'T FUCKING USE IT, MAY AS WELL GIVE ME MONEY AND TELL ME I CAN'T SPEND IT!"  They didn't know what to think with my idiot ass screaming at them.  I had gotten a DUI that they didn't know about, which I figured they would sooner or later, so about a week after that I came to work shit faced and told them to shove the job up their asses.  Alcohol is so empowering in a neanderthal kind of way.  That was the beginning of my 24/7 drunk. Not sure what Glenn Beck is crying about, but I find something humorous about a man filled with so much cancerous negativity, blubbering. So if you haven't been there before, you need to go to Killed By Death Records (he doesn't need my plug, he gets millions of hits and rightly so).   Peter posts some seriously out of this world obscure punk/hardcore and just a bit ago posted a recent rehearsal of his old band out of Sweden, the Raped Teenagers (a band you can find round here as well).  Listen to that, but funny thing is, on that post, some guy puts a link in his comment to a Youtube video. Turns out the tune is off this killer band out of Belgium from 1974, called Blast. If you're into the Stooges or MC5, because you know these guys were, or a vibe that foretells punk, you gotta listen to that tune. Fucking rager, BLAST (Belgian) - ? A buddy of mine, Bob, who I met virtually a while back, helped me out and cleaned up my header image, not sure if anyone noticed.  He's working on one of his out of this world creations with it so stay tuned for that.  (Just cracked myself by asking all five of you to "stay tuned"...still laughing)  In the meantime if you dig good digital art or more importantly, if you're looking to get better with your Photoshop program, go join in at his site Photoshop Bus. Because I just listened to it on the media player...BAD ASS TUNE! Doom - No Religion Only on Mustard Relics would you find this and the previous post categorized in metal, of course separated by two decades (what do I know about categories).  I've posted several Iron Lung recordings around here, so you know I already dig them.  If you don't like manic, stop-go action in your music, then they aren't for you.  Mike this should be right up your alley with some serious Cookie Monster-ness going on.  :-)  How about Bert when he's REALLY pissed off at Ernie, ha, ha?  I guess since there is so much Iron Lung around here, this one's really about BG.  Mellower than Iron Lung but by no means mellow and similar in that you get lots of breaks and melody changes.  I had a very hard time separating the tracks on these and probably shouldn't have as each side is meant to be played as a whole...oh well.  Unique cover made out of cut up x-rays, so I guess they're all different.  This is all a lot harder than what I've been listening to lately, but just felt like a little balance. BG Out of the Cave The Hill BG (The Man)

 

Iron Lung Disgusting Body Roentgen's Machine Primal Therapy Pt.II

 

No comments:

Post a Comment