Ha ha, I'm famous, that's what I always tell my wife anyway. Bonafide. Big fish in a very small pond, ya know? Made the local paper or what passes for the paper in these parts, completely made up of the regional goings on, nothing critical, lots of happy faces and good times here in the sticks. In a way that's not a bad thing (or not), kind of like the high school newspaper but with adds and announcements for auctions in the surrounding counties. The local chapter of the Knights of Columbus, a creepy fraternal Catholic thing, that donates money every once in a while to the agency. A good thing, like the Dukes, "just some good old boys, never meaning no harm..." I shouldn't give the KoC a hard time because the money really does help out the people on my case load, but whenever they see me, they're not sure what to think (is he Mexican, half-negro, injun...his little lady sure feeds him well).
Got cold in Kansas brothers and sisters, but we go through this every year and I never fail to mention it around here. As a human being, I'm typical, longing for cooler days in the summer and warmer days during the winter. If you know Kansas though, you'd know that freezing temperatures are no big deal it's just the fucking wind. It tears what little warmth you've got hidden away in the layers or underneath your big jacket. On top of that there's farm living ("is the life for me"-name that show). Most people only step outside just to go to and from the car, but around here there's chores to be done. You gotta get out in it (as I hide in front of my computer in my pleasantly warm house).
Haven't done an official Cramps post although I hinted at one. Hit you up there with my favorite Cramps tunes, here's one of those three again, but this time not the album version, instead from the "All Tore Up (Ohio Demos)" 7" thing (incredible versions). TV SetMakes me think of work (back in the day they sent people with developmental disabilities to mental institutions). [https://youtu.be/L1or0rEKpns
No comments:
Post a Comment