Thursday, March 10, 2011

Napalm Death demos for Elliott

EDIT:  Before you go any further you cyber surfer you, the links are all dead and I can't find the first 4 demos anywhere...do me a favor and let me know if you find them (yeah right, you'd do that for me)... Well Elliott as you requested, I looked around to see what I could find as far as Napalm Death demos.  It became quite an adventure and actually spent two evenings after work (my wife works most nights) looking high and low.  Got sidetracked here and there, and found all kinds of other music to listen to and shit to read.  I don't do Soulseek or any P2P crap these days because of the trouble I got into with with my ISP (there's only one that provides service in my neck of the woods) over torrents.  The wife said she'd kill me if the internet got turned off so that's it.  Your best bet for finding those demos is probably one of those P2P sites or better yet finding someone who actually has hard copies (I got one from the band back in the day).  Anyway, here's what I found.  These are the demos with the original lineup. Halloween (1982, demo 1 - 9 songs) And, Like Sheep, We Have All Gone Astray (1982, demo 2 - 15 songs) Kak (1983, demo 3 - 10 songs) Unpopular Yawns of Middle Class Warfare (1983, demo 4 - 6 songs) Hatred Surge (1985, demo 5 - 9 songs) From Enslavement to Obliteration (1986, demo 6 - 13 songs) There is also a falsely reported/rumored demo called "Punk is a Rotting Corpse" which just has the song they did off the Bullshit Detector 3 comp, plus three songs by some unknown bands that get attributed to ND.  From this same period there is also some songs on various comp tapes/record, Chapter 3 - Various Artists (by Jako of "The Joy of Propaganda", 2 songs, 1982) Ruptured Gut - Various Artists (by Twisted Tapes, 2 songs, 1982) Twisted Nervous Breakdown - Various Artists (by Twisted Tapes, 1 song, 1982) Subversive Elements - Various Artists (2 songs, 1982) Bullshit Detector #3 : "Crucifixion of Possessions" (1984) I don't know if there is more, that's just what I found at this wikipedia-like site called World Lingo.  So anyway after searching the internet there were only three things I could find.  I have the Hatred Surge cassette but it's posted a lot and I'm not going to pretend like my rips are any better than anyone else's.  It was also released with the other demo I found, From Enslavement to Obliteration, as a bootleg LP, which you can from this boring, can't take the time to say anything about what they're posting blog. Not sure about the sound quality on that bootleg, if I had to pick I'd get the demos separately, like Hatred Surge from this guy who at least has something to say about the music he's sharing. Get the From Enslavement to Obliteration demo from my buddy Billy over at Crust-Demos he got some comments somewhere in there from Nic the bass player/vocalist from this original and long gone incarnation of ND. Not sure if you're still having trouble with external storage sites and RAR/ZIP files so I'll go ahead and post this killer stuff here (I have another friend who uses a computer for the blind, would love to check how you interface with it). Hatred Surge what man can do instinct of survival abbatoir control sacrificed so sad caught in a dream private death cheswick green (live) From Enslavement to Obliteration Multinational corporations Instinct of survival Unclean Sacrificed Siege of power Caught... in a dream What man can do Control Death by manipulation Abattoir Private death The kill You suffer Did find one more thing from the ever faithful when it comes to this stuff, Kill Your Pet Puppy with the Twisted Nervous Breakdown comp cassette from 1982.  In general the rips Mr. Penguin does over there are done as a side one and side two type of thing, with none of the tracks separated.  So....I've done this before with several of his rips (even posted one with the Mob way back) I sat down and edited them out into tracks and labeled them.  Just to give an example of this whole thing was detoured often, his rips were MP3 and my ripping program only works with RIFF WAV and my converter works in all kinds of formats so I had to find a different converter.  Once that was done everything was sitting pretty.  Really that was just to be able to listen to that one Napalm Death track, but as it turns out even though the recordings were MUDDY, probably done on a ghetto blaster, there were a few worthwhile tunes.  Here's that ND track, Napalm Death-The Good Book

Just for the hell of it, to wrap this up, here's a couple of good tunes from the same comp by a couple of likewise early 80's English bands with that anarcho-punk almost crusty thing going on (the cold war and eminent nuclear annihilation inspired a lot of music back then, interesting how we still have all these stockpiles and the end is still just a couple of pushes of the button away),

Krondstadt Uprising-Divide and Rule Krondstadt Uprising-Animal Liberation Verbal Warning-World Wars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment