Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hawkwind - Motorhead b/w Valium Ten 7"

Unfortunately this woman doesn't need some computer nerd's creative manipulation of a video clip, in the form of a GIF, to paint an image of a self serving lunatic, but it's good for a laugh.  I work with adults with developmental disabilities so maybe I shouldn't laugh, but for this lady it's a choice not an unavoidable circumstance. It's a shame for the women (and I guess everyone really) of this country that the women that receive that most attention are Palin, Lady Gaga and Oprah.  Speaks volumes about the state of the nation, but I guess you can get that from the guys at the forefront as well.  For a minute there several years ago it was Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love at the forefront.

Been scratching my head for a few days now trying to think of something to write, but coming up with nothing. It's not like I'm Ernest Hemingway anyway, but this is the thing I do, a chance to speak up from my relative seclusion. Life is just life, it just goes on and on, rarely is there a dull moment. I have some things going on, but believe it or not, in the midst of all the babbling and blathering that goes on around here I do keep some things to myself.  I will say it seems to be a constant struggle of second guessing myself.  Life is so much easier when you don't give a fuck and letting the booze dictate your actions.  Even still very grateful for what I have.

On the last post I put out there a few King Crimson tunes and buddy Brian mentioned a tune that a mutual friend of ours was fascinated with. Kinda one of their "hits" from the 80's or at least much so as a non-pop band could have. King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet and then there's my favorite CC tune... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQrlDzqUCA] Feel like I should add a little segment to these posts, along with a tune, to pay homage to the guys who without their existence so much of what I listen to would have never come to be.  These godfathers could sure make a guitar sing and in my opinion you must listen to them in order to fully appreciate rock and roll (and all it's myriad of sub genre's). >Son House - Country Farm Blues Hwkwnd1Hawkwind is a relatively new phenomena for me, nobody over the course of my 42 years had the occasion to turn me onto those guys.  Still kind of feeling them out really as they have a shitload of material they've released in their 42 years.  What struck me of course was the Lemmy connection and that they kicked him out of the band after a few years because he was such a loser.  Been after a cheap copy of Hawkwind's "Motorhead" on vinyl for quite a while and recently got this.  Was a little disappointed at first because it wasn't the version I had on mp3 with Lemmy on vocals, but really it's got it's own tasty flavor too.  Turns out there's several versions of the tune. This was released in 1981 and the B-side, which is pretty good hadn't been released anywhere else. Motorhead Valium Ten ...the original "Kings of Speed" b/w "Motorhead" single King of Speed Motorhead ...from Epocheclipse -The Ultimate Best Of Motorhead ...from the Warrior on the Edge of Time lp (same as the single?) Motorhead ...from Live and Rare: Onward Flies the Bird (with the cool motorcycle revving) Motorhead ...from Motorhead's original single Motörhead - Motorhead ...from Motorhead's "Keep Us On The Road live 1977" LP Motörhead - Motörhead ...a couple of covers Poison Idea - Motorhead(I wouldn't expect anything less but PI shreds it) Cockney Rejects - Motorhead ...some other Hawkwind tunes I've recently gotten into, Quark Strangeness And Charm Night Of The Hawks Needle Gun ...and finally, of further interest? Lemmy - Thirsty And Miserable(believable coming from Lemmy) Saint Vitus-Thirsty And Miserable(and to wrap it all up, as insane as Sarah Palin)

No comments:

Post a Comment