
Duh...a pic of me that my son took at my new favorite fancy style coffee chain, Mochas...handsome fucking devil...if you enlarge the thumbnail you can see my nose hairs. Kinda bummed right now because my time with Liam is over until next summer.
Jack of TSOL (shameless name dropping, actually I am just one of 5 million faceless "friends" he has on facebook) sent a request out for medium's (tarot readings, crystal balls, speaking to the dead, etc.) the other day and being the polite sort that I am I suggested a place in Hollywood that I've mentioned around here called the "House of Hermetic". If you remember, I mentioned that the two little old ladies who ran the place (probably long since passed into the spirit realm) had some kind of incense that could drive unpleasant people from the store. Anyway, Jack comes back with a link and apparently the store made
Hate Magazine's List of "Satanic Cults". You see I am secretely satanic. What I wanted to write back was that Wicca predates Christianity and that satanism was a Christian construct, when it wasn't enough to demonize the Jews they had to create an enemy that could be found anywhere and in anyone.

Anyone remember this tune from about 1984,
File 13 - Tastes So Good? I didn't even know what it was called back then or who did it until I just did a search using the lyrics I could remember (the internet is amazing). Takes me right back to high school. There where these hot little clubster twins, who loved this tune, my buddy Kevin dated one for a long time...I dug on the other one, but she thought we should just be friends...hahaha. First time I ever had a gun pulled on me, the four of us were cruising the Glendale/Burbank border in my '74 Volkswagen Bug. Cops pulled us over, had him and I get out out and lay on the ground at gunpoint. Apparently someone had reported that we had kidnapped the twins. If only I could have added kidnapping to my long list of crimes...a legitimate criminal instead of a small time hood.
A buddy of mine that I haven't talked to since Humboldt, Nick Reynolds of Grimace, asked me if I was playing music these days and I said no because of the redneck environment I live in. His response, "yodel, banjo billy tornado rage rock"...perfect.


My first thoughts after listening to this for the first time and doing the rip, "...elements of punk, ska, flamenco, mariachi, Violent Femmes-ish country
Pogues-ish penny whistle stuff (track 21) and hardcore that almost borders on power violence at times...some pretty incredible shit. I know I saw these guys several times, mostly parties I guess, but it's real hazy (kids, don't fuck with drugs and liquor, because at the very least it can be like a psycho girlfriend and fuck with your mind...worse...your memory). Sam (who is the reason I have this cassette at all gives up a much better description of these guys than my faded memory could ever supply over at his
Atakra site (that's a must go to site anyway). Used to party quite a bit with one of the guitar players, can't remember his name, big guy who drove a huge beat up suburban. He actually loaned me that suburban when my truck broke down...cool guy. We lost touch I guess after one of my close buddies socked one of his buddies in the eye with his keys in his hand. Actually broke the key off in the guy's head just missing his eye. Bad scene, because that dude was pretty cool too, if I remember right, just a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway this is a "must-listen-to" piece of Humboldt history. Sorry no track titles if it had something included with that kind of shit, it's long gone. Released in 93? I don't know shit except this is some badass shit.
EDIT: Just minutes before I posted this I found out from Sam who found out from one of the band members, Payson, this was not a demo, I assumed that as it said "Hated in Humboldt" on the cassette and the album is obviously called "Drunks Are People Too". Oh well I'm an idiot, but I guess when all is said and done, at the very least you get some of the almight Jolly Ho-Ho's. On a side note you can still pick up a copy here and here.
Jolly Ho-Ho's-01
Jolly Ho-Ho's-02
Jolly Ho-Ho's-03
Jolly Ho-Ho's-04
Jolly Ho-Ho's-05
Jolly Ho-Ho's-06
Jolly Ho-Ho's-07
Jolly Ho-Ho's-08
Jolly Ho-Ho's-09
Jolly Ho-Ho's-10
Jolly Ho-Ho's-11
Jolly Ho-Ho's-12
Jolly Ho-Ho's-13
Jolly Ho-Ho's-14
Jolly Ho-Ho's-15
Jolly Ho-Ho's-16
Jolly Ho-Ho's-17
Jolly Ho-Ho's-18
Jolly Ho-Ho's-19
Jolly Ho-Ho's-20
Jolly Ho-Ho's-21
Get the whole thing in one neat little package
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment