Trying to think positive instead of turning these posts into a bitch session about shit we are all aware of. One of the best hardcore acts EVER (SERIOUSLY) [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDww6wsMNI&w=560&h=315]
This joke reminds me of a several of the guys I provide services to at work... I was walking past the mental hospital the other day, and all the patients were out in the yard shouting, "13....13....13." The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks, so I looked through to see what was going on...
Some idiot poked me in the eye with a stick! Then they all started shouting "14....14....14!"
Wanted to take a second to thank my buddies who have been commenting around here, you know who you are. I won't get into the begging and pleading for comments that I have fallen victim to before, but I will say it makes a difference. Just got a notice from the provider for my server space, which is not cheap, so I end up asking myself every year around this time, is it worth it. I really could save myself a lot of money and buy a $2 journal and start every entry with "Dear diary..."
Got this one way back when at a record store in San Diego....the used bin for $.50. Not sure I even listened to it and if I did, I must have not thought much of it. Pulled it out the other day, thinking to myself, "I don't remember listening to this" and then I thought to myself "I should play this, the cover looks really amateurish, but it might be good", so I put it on the turntable and thought to myself, "this really sounds like the Butthole Surfers and one of the song titles mentions Paul Leary, the guitarist of the Butthole Surfers." Not a whole lot of web presence on this thing, but you can pick up a copy for cheap. I stumbled across a site called Butthole Surfers Anal Obsession and this is what he had to say in his BS bootleg category...
"By far the most obscure of the bunch, info on this one has eluded me. It claims to be a Paul Leary pre-Butthole Surfers recording, but it's not...or at least part of it is not. The "White, Dumb, Ugly & Poor" is a live SBD recording...a version that has not surfaced at all, other than here. The rest are strange instrumentals, one (titled here as "Criminal Unicorn Men In Formation") seems to be from the same Thai cassette as "Kuntz". a very odd studio version of "No Rule" too. Rumors that this comes from an old mix tape of Paul's can't be verified, although only a few in the inner circles ever knew that Paul wanted to use this name before settling on Butthole Surfers. It's impossible to tell when these recordings are even from. The "No Rule" sounds to be from earlier than when they started playing it live, but that could be due to the poor sound quality. Either way, though, I'd call this the most interesting of the lot. Despite of the mediocre quality, and the odd non-Butthole Surfers material, I really enjoy this one."
So I guess you could call this Butthole Surfer related. The first track is worth a listen. The tune is worth your time, but the hit on this thing is "White Dumb Ugly Bored". At least give that one a spin..
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5VzRQOW0KQ]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0ZlZE3A44]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5y225qASI0]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6xstKO5cXw]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5BC5c1BLNQ]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8FlWfTQwOU]
No comments:
Post a Comment