Saturday, November 19, 2011

Peopling -S/T CDEP

Got this one in the mail yesterday.  First off, love the cover art on this thing, and to me that's always a good starting point (I've gotten many a record based on the cover alone). Outta Brooklyn, Peopling is the brain child of self-described "noise-rock artist" (I had to create a whole new category), Ronnie Gonzales.  Noise-rock is something I've only dabbled in and don't have a lot of here at Mustard Relics central.  In fact I don't know what criteria you have to meet to be put in that category other than that it's electronic.  I know SPK, but are they considered "noise"?  If you want a good review from guys who know what they're talking about, check out this cornucopia of blog names... Dying for Bad Music, Weed Temple, Ongakubaka, Ampeater Music, The Static Fanatic, Justin Marc Lloyd, Black Insect Laughter, Cactus Mouth.  If you want the opinion of a guy who just loves music in general (and who the fuck wouldn't)...I am 100% down with this CD.  Right from the first "song" I was hooked.  One reviewer said, '“Come Home Eccentric” and “Fiji” are what can be considered closest to actual songs,' and those two happen to be my favorites (call me old fashioned).  The whole thing has a tribal feel, maybe that's because it's repetitive at times.  Ever seen the second Exorcist, the one set in Africa, with Linda Blair all grown up?  This would make a great sound track for that.  Here's my two favorite tunes... come home eccentric fiji You can check out all the tunes at Bandcamp and if you must, (I would rather hold the art, as a package, in my filthy little hands) get it at iTunes.  What I recommend you do though, is drop a line to Ronnie and get the real thing, thepeopling AT gmail DOT com.

No comments:

Post a Comment