Tit Wrench at the Casbah in San Diego, circa 1995(?), my buddy Chris on guitar...you shouldn't have a hard time finding me in the crowd.
Here it is Thanxgiving and so much to be thankful for. Around here it marks 4 years that I've been doing the Mustard Relics. Good times. Thanx to all my old buddies and to the new friends I've made for making this a fun virtual place to be involved with. I thought about bringing up the hole silly, ironic idea of a Pilgrim/Indian Thanxgiving, but I'll save that negativity for another time. Instead, I hope all of you have something to be thankful for and that whatever feast you might have is a
Got this CD from my first San Diego friend, Chris Squire (on guitar), about the time it was released in 1995. As the photo evidence above indicates I got to see them at least once live. In that setting they have much more of a hardcore vibe with an actual drummer, while this CD is reminiscent of that Ministry sound (drum machine, sampling, etc.). Experimental and electronic is what Discogs calls them, but I suppose these days they might be called noise too. SPK seems to come up a lot in my descriptions of bands like this, but you can really here it in a tune like "Sausage People Rule". The arrangements are just incredible between the myriads of samples, creative drum machining, simple cords and barked vocals. Anyway I could probably go on and on but I ate too much food and am having trouble folding at the waist to type...take my word for it (as always) this is some damn good shit.
...go out and buy the record.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-LNPN6IgI&w=420&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment