Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Butthole Surfers - Cherub (Fenders, Long Beach, Kali 1986)

Man it is a real ghost town around here, it's a good thing my survival isn't based on the success of this place.  I'll blame it on the holidays and not on the content.  A tall glass of water, a deep glass of juice and a wide cup of coffee to everyone, here's to hoping you have something to celebrate.

Back in the mid 80's when I was in high school in the LA/CA area, there was a cable access station, can't remember if it had a name, that would play Flipside videos (I may have mentioned it before) of live punk/hardcore shows.  Watched that show religiously and would tape every half hour show and watch them all the time.  So I had these tapes with like 12 bands per tape, with bands like the Subhumans, Conflict, Marginal Man, Decry, Reagan Youth, etc.  One of my favorites was the Butthole Surfers one from 1986, in Long Beach.  I kicked myself for not having gone to most of the shows.  I had a car in '86 and Long Beach was only about an hour's drive away.  A few years later I would take these tapes with me to college and share them with friends.  The Butthole Surfers one was perfect tripping material.  Somewhere though I lost that tape and I've been looking for that Butthole Surfers show ever since.  In-fucking-sane. So...sorta long story short here is my favorite tune from that set... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgv3fwRITkU]

No comments:

Post a Comment