Sunday, December 18, 2011

Worst Case Scenario - s/t 7"

"Friday" is probably on my top ten all time of comedy movies (did not enjoy my experiences with PCP though).  Worked with a guy up in Humboldt, right after graduation, digging ditches and shoveling rock, who had every line in that movie memorized.  Haven't seen it since I stopped smoking weed, so maybe it's not so funny now.

An internet buddy of mine called me neurotic once and as bummed as I was that he said that, I'm starting to believe it. Communication via the internet really plays into that, and reading between the lines I can't control the fact that I get noided when someone doesn't respond to my messages.  Sort of a vicious circle too that feeds off of itself, because when you get noided you start to do noided things...humph.

My buddy Chris Squire, aka Billy Druid posted up a tune on Facebook that really blew me away, so though I'd share.  Check out a bunch of them and give him support at his Myspace. For now here's the one I was talking about... Billy Druid-D.D.C.F.C.-1415 - Terribly Empty Inside Tripped on the first ZZ Top album (1971) the other day. A lot of BB King (saw him in concert) type stuff, which is okay I guess if you're into that, but what stood out was a couple of tunes with a sort of a Sabbath-esque vibe. There's only two or three with that vibe, but this was one... ZZ Top - Neighbor, Neighbor First off this is a badass band (but I say that almost all the time).  This time, believe you me, I am correct.  This was one of those records that I bought with a bunch of other records, listened to some of the records, ran out of time, got distracted, or something and totally forgot about this. Most of the time I am a glutton and eat that shit right up, but it's kind of cool that this little nugget got put on the backburner, only to surprise and delight me at a later date. Second, posting this is sort of a moot point because the band released a discography thing-a-ma-bob a year after this 2nd 7" was released (1997), called...you guessed it "The Complete Works of Worst Case Scenario". This is just my taste of the band, so if you're a serious listener/reader go to Illogical Contraption and get that along with a much better write up.  Outta Olympia, Washington, their first 7" was released in Lookout (a label we've seen a bunch of around here), still looking for that one.  If I had to pick out one, check out "Checkin Out".

 

Checkin Out Twenty Degrees Cooler Blood Of Christ

A Manson biography Mr. E turned me onto...

http://www.archive.org/flow/flowplayer.commercial-3.2.1.swf

No comments:

Post a Comment