Sunday, February 5, 2012

David Bowie & Sonic Youth

I've been after Sonic Youth vinyl for a while, but judging from the prices people do them at on ebay, apparently I'm not the only one. Looked through my records and I don't have any of their stuff on vinyl except some comp appearances. I do have some stuff I taped from other people way back when, but that isn't as satisfying as having the vinyl in my filthy little hands (and I do mean little).  Regardless, been listening to them for the last couple of days, mostly the late 80s early 90s stuff, Goo era I guess. You know, their hit... Kool Thing but this is one of the best tunes on the album (actually the demo from the Deluxe Version)... My Friend Goo (demo) Kim Deal's voice and Thurston Moores' guitaring, you get the point. Anyway was looking at vids on youtube and ran across this rather kool event and thought I'd share, since I haven't quite finished the post I've been working on... DAVID BOWIE & SONIC YOUTH - I'm Afraid Of Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment