Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Looking Glass - Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

Was on the road for work today, as usual listening to the radio and heard a tune I hadn't in a while, by a band called Looking Glass (had to look it up), a one hit wonder of a band (they were actually short lived) from 1972. Listening to it gave me a good feeling, it took me back to the innocent times of being a young kid, driving around early 1970's Los Angeles in my Mom's Volkswagon Bug, listening to the radio.  Funny how 40 years later I'm doing the same thing, driving around listening to the radio.  This song has a little cheese factor, as so much of the post does.  Thinking back, all I knew was that the song was about some girl named Brandy.  Listened to the words this time, for the first time, and it's actually got some really well written lyrics.  The guy has a great voice, a crooner of sorts, but it being the 70's their sense of style was pretty whacked out.  From Cripple Bastards to Looking Glass...only at the Mustard Relics Cafe.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7FWnbAaCI&w=420&h=315]

...RHCP do a very nice cover of the tune I found out, thanx to the Youtube suggestions they put up on the right (also suggested...Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light...Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks 1974...Witchy Woman - Eagles...Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown 1974...classic 70's easy listening.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzA0g28Ue4&w=420&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment