
Mentioned these guys (and gals) briefly in another post. My buddy Bjorn (that I've never actually met) outta Sweden turned me onto them, his daughter is the singer. Kinda cool how being a musician sometimes gets passed down to the next generation (my son has mental health problems, addiction and compassion for the innocent to look forward to). Wild Fields is a departure for me as I would put them more in the pop, soft rock realm. I don't explore music so much by genre as to it's inherent enjoyability these days though. Good singing, good musicianship, and a good vibe, it's not all distortion and primal grunts anymore. This music you listen to with your lady in a happy place, not by yourself lamenting your lot in life. It's innocent and playful. The singer's voice reminds me a lot of Peggy Martinez from my Humboldt days with
Drilling For Mom and
Barking Dogma. I don't know how long they've been at it, but their newest release is just a few months old. They have a
Soundcloud, a
Myspace, a
Facebook, and a
Youtube, so access to their music is definitely there. I wish them success, happiness and the opportunity to bring their music to more people. Here's a couple of tunes I ripped for you, but you can get all their music from the Soundcloud site...
Where The Lights Shine
Dirt On These Streets
...this one's my favorite, kind of a punk/power pop feel, reminds of the band X...
Major Failure
...a live tune...
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agl09ASVTz8&w=560&h=315]
Their first (of many?) official vid...
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-zsHehr3Q&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment