Monday, April 16, 2012

Motocaster - The Buddha 7"

I was talking to an old buddy of mine the other day and it really hit me how sophisticated he is spirtually.  Not a complicated kind of sophistication or a dogmatic kind of organized religion type of thing, more of connection to the world around him.  I've struggled with that all my life, a feeling of disconnectedness.  As I've gotten older I think things make more sense and I've found my niche, but as Charles Manson said, "maybe I haven't done enough".  I have this uneasy feeling about where I stand in the world and with the world being what it is maybe I don't want any part of it.  I go through the motions with my rituals for experiencing the sacred, but sometimes, the temple comes crashing down.  Lots of little things become big things and then I end up despising the human race of which I am inescapably a part of.  What can bring me back down to earth is thoughts of the almost infinite vastness of the universe, and this world is just a speck.  And on this planet of over 6 billion people I, and everyone else individually, are just specks on that speck.  What goes on is really meaningless, unless I'm dead, I will still get up in the morning, inhale and exhale, and go on about my day.  Mustard Relics is my sanity, my ritual, my way of feeling connected. The Addams Family, one of my all time favorite shows as a kid...had a huge crush on Morticia Addams (Carolyn Jones who was married to that idiot Aaron Spelling back in the 50's). About the time that the show was wrapping up in '66, one of the greatest songs ever written came out. The Stones did not fuck around when they wrote this one... The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (Ready Steady Go - May 27, 1966) ...and sure as shit everybody and his brother has covered it.  Not sure if anyone ever came close to the original and some versions really suck balls, but these guys did something insane with it... The Animals - Paint It Black ...this live version would have been incredible to see as so many of the acts at the Monterey Pop Festival would have been... Eric Burdon and the Animals - Paint It Black (Monterey 1967) ...Eric Burdon must have really loved the tune, this is a 14 minute jam done with WAR... Eric Burdon and War - Paint It Black ...the definitive female punk rock version, maybe my favorite... The Avengers - Paint It Black ...the Las Vegas version... Chris Farlowe- Paint It Black ...in French... Marie Laforet - Paint It Black ...in Italian (very beautiful)... Caterina Caselli - Paint it Black ...what do you want, I like Ministry ever since they had Gibby from the Butthole Surfers do a song, they do good putting their spin on the tune... Ministry - Paint It Black ...I'm not a Marilyn Manson fan, but this is interesting (from "Repo the Genetic Opera", a flick I wanted to see but the wife vetoed)... Marilyn Manson - Paint It Black ...you go Blackie Lawless... W.A.S.P. - Paint it Black From 1993, outta Raliegh, NC where my boy is living, the first release from this short lived, under appreciated band.  The first tune just blows me away, a perfect song from begining to end, but unfortunately that's it.  The second one is a karaoke cover, too much like the original to be interesting and the third is a free love jam that is as uninteresting as the cover...a waste of vinyl really.  But that first tune, DAMN!

 

The Buddha Green Tambourine Motorolla Greens If you can try to find their only full length "Stay Loaded" it's supposed to be more of the kickass variety of sameness.  Couldn't find that for download when I did a quick search, but for some related stuff, including this 7" check out Wilfully Obscure. Here's the vid for the tune off the "Stay Loaded" LP (they were big enough to have made the MTV cut...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQfhVx4Zork&w=420&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment