
Super slooooooooooow round here so let's bring it down a notch...way down a notch. Is there a speed slower than 33 for a turntable? Like Sabbath that was supposed to be at 45 but played at 33. All part of the popular resurgence of 80's Saint Vitus-esque HEAVY, doom, sludge, stoner MOOG rock.
High Priest of Saturn (great name!) are a three piece outta Norway...like swimming in crude oil ("La Brea Tar Pits" just popped in my head as a great stoner band name). What makes this band stand out is the female vocals, more like a sirens" song and that fucking organ. You can give them a listen/download at their
Bandcamp and they have a
Reverbnation too. If you dig their groove then keep those two sites in mind as I imagine if they come up with more tunes, that's where they'll end up. The tunes are 10+ minutes, each, so lot's of music, but JUST two tunes, you know what I'm saying...you know what I'm saying. I got their CDR, and was hoping to cheat fate and get a few extra tunes, but no such luck. This guy here at
Revolt of the Apes backs me up on their coolness. Here's those two tunes on my own dime, just in case the Apocalypse comes and Bandcamp/Reverbnation go down...
The Protean Towers
Crawling King Snake
No comments:
Post a Comment