
Was fooled by
THIS VIDEO, thumbs up to the CGI masters, so I had to find the real Bruce Lee again. God I was such a fan of his growing up, even though he'd been dead for a few years before I ever saw one of his flicks. My buddy Kevin Amos and I used to "train" together as kids, hand to hand, nunchuka, sword, staff, whatever. They were showing other Chinese stuff on what was called Kung Fu Theater, classics like "Master of the Flying Guillotine" and "The One Armed Boxer". Go figure that these days two of my favorite actors are Jet Li and Jackie Chan. The flick they did together
The Forbidden Kingdom was masterful and the fight scene that features them pitted against each other is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The white kid (whose probably 30) did a great job. I should have been the white (err, mutt) kid in that.

My buddy over at
Fugitive Equilibrium, mentioned him and his place several times over the years, a master of the written word and a living database for extreme music, always has something going on. Another one of the few bloggers left, check my blogroll if you don't believe me. FE is the real deal though and has been the cause for several purchases of my own. I've had this one tagged to mention for some time now, so it's one of his older posts, but never-the-less an over-the-top piece of ear candy. This time around he takes u on a journey to a band called
Subsistencia. Take a minute to marvel at the fabric of woven words he has in homage to the band. Then just to give you a taste here, you can get the whole thing there...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OdJ38rcIg]

This here was just one of those things that had to be done. Everywhere you go the link is dead, there was a copy originally at
Viva Les Bootlegs, an invaluable site, but the links are dead. What good is art if can't be experienced. There is a "vid" on utube that has the whole recording
HERE thanx to Viacobra23, but my program for ripping off of utube would not work. Would have been a bummer anyway because I would have had to convert, edit and tag it anyway. So I contacted said utuber and we got something worked out. This is one of the best live recordings ever of a one of kind band, long before they got too popped out and got lost in a sea of bad music. Did my 52's schtick, a while back, but wanted to add that I lost interest in what the band was doing in probably about 1984 or so...they had become so poppily-polished that the rawness that attracted me to them in the first place was completely gone. This is an utterly out-fucking-standing recording of the band pretty early on in the game (1978?). Go to
Viva Les bootlegs to get more info in the post and comments, plus they have several other B-52's bootlegs (and a shit ton of other stuff, if the links aren't dead, but you can request re-ups I assume).
Planet Claire
52 Girls
6060-842
Devil In My Car
Hero Worship
Lava
Running Around
Dance This Mess Around
Rock Lobster
Private Idaho
Strobe Light
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcGO_E3IWcY]
Here's a very early vid (1978)...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UabP68g6cm8]
No comments:
Post a Comment